Areas we cover for our Timber Frame Stick Build Services are – Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgshire
We offer quality timber frame construction service with quick lead times of just 2 – 4 WEEKS from placement of order to fast on-site erection.
Our on-site approach means our clients benefit from a more economical and faster build, with the ability to accommodate tolerance and fit issues, and late design changes.
What Woodbridge Carpentry Does:
Site build timber frame structures
Full fire boundary mitigation measures
Optional extra packages (Insulation, Stairs and Cladding etc.)
Full self-build packages
What is Stick Build Timber Frame ?
Stick build is a term that describes a project where the timber structure is constructed on site by carpenters from loose timber. The materials such as packs of timber and sheathing board are delivered to site, where our carpenters then construct the timber frame building.
We have built many timber frames this way for a range of projects, from home extensions, houses, and apartment blocks even up to seven storeys in height.
• All our timber frames are constructed by trained carpenters. Every frame we construct is in accordance with the Structural Engineers design and we have a strict quality control procedure to ensure works on site are carried out to the highest standard.
• Dependent upon the clients design we can use engineered truss rafters or ‘hand cut and pitch’ for more technical roofs if required.
• Timber frame houses have become the preferred method of construction in the UK, due to the speed that they are constructed, the sustainability and the thermal u-value properties that are un equalled by traditional construction methods.
• Stick built timber frame also benefit from reduced lead in times and tend to be more flexible to client changes that can occur through the construction process.
• With our attention to detail and close working relationships we have with the designers, client and workforce we can assure that each frame is built exactly to the client’s requirements.
Why Use Stick Build Timber Frame ?
Timber frame stick build is most suitable for projects:
• If you have insufficient lead-in time from order to site. We can eliminate the prefabrication stage in the factory, which can take many months. The on-site time is slightly longer, but overall, from order to completion of project it is generally the quicker.
• If your site / project has insufficient space for continuous crane use, as most of the materials can be manhandled.
• If you have an existing structure and require on-site cutting, to fit panels to existing building.
• If your project is potentially a stop-start on site this would cause a problem if a large quantity of prefabricated panels had to be stored for periods of time. This is often the case with spec house building where site progress is sales-led.
SEND US A MESSAGE
Please complete the contact form below and our team will get back to you asap.